Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wait....THAT Hanson?

Hanson has apparently come a long way from MmmBop, which I can remember dancing to in a frenzy in my friend's basement in fifth grade, with a hairbrush as a microphone, totally screwing up the words because they're actually pretty unintelligible. That shit was awesome.

This new song, off Hanson's eighth (yes, EIGHTH) studio album, has shot to the top of my list of "happy, catchy tunes." You've got to love the Blues Brothers spoof. The video was released in the spring but the album officially dropped in June.


Hanson is playing the Chicago House of Blues this weekend with Rooney. (Crash course in Rooney here and here.) If I were going to be in town, I'd totally go. Instead I guess I'll just have to check out the rest of the new album...and also what else Hanson's been up to the last 10 years.



P.S. Can you spot Weird Al Yankovic?

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I now love them more now than I did when I discovered the hidden track "Middle of Nowhere."

    ReplyDelete