Friday, August 6, 2010

FoOtBaLl SeAsOn!!!!!1!!!go'cats!!!

Being a Northwestern fan is emotionally exhausting. I learned early on to shut off the football part of my brain after bowl game season. It lies dormant throughout winter and spring, perhaps with a blip at the spring football game. Summer has never been a problem, since it's usually busy and exciting. But then one day you wake up and realize... It's August. Which means it's officially time to get excited about football. A couple days ago I ordered 34 tickets to the season opener at Vanderbilt. My thirty-three best friends and I will be road-tripping down to Nashville for the game, and I'm excited to the point of jumping up and down and writing a new number one single which I will lovingly entitle "All the Ways I Would Die for Coach Fitz." (There are probably about 48 of them. Maybe one more.)

I'll continue working with the NUMBALUMS to plan events, blogging about NUMB for LTP, and just generally being an all-around, purple-clad nutjob for the next few months. This is gonna be fun.


Northwestern's 2010 season-
9/4/10 @ Vanderbilt
attending (road trip CONFIRMED)
09/11/10 Illinois State
attending
9/18/10 @Rice
maybe attending (Evan?)
09/25/10 Central Michigan attending
10/2/10 @ Minnesota attending (road trip plans TK)
10/9/10 Purdue
attending (night game!! ah!!!)
10/16/10 BYE and on the seventh week, Fitz rested.
10/23/10 Michigan State
HOMECOMING OMGDIFJMIV! (attending)
10/30/10 @Indiana attending, and organizing a NUMBALUM tailgate
11/06/10 @ Penn State
attending, or Bethany will kill me
11/13/10 Iowa
attending
11/20/10 Illinois
attending at Wrigley (and likely hosting a pregame)
11/27/10 @Wisconsin TBD, but it'd suck to break a perfect record
TBD BOWL GAME
attending

1 comment: