Monday, May 16, 2011

Another version of Velocity

Still uploading videos from Tyranny of Dave's show at Simon's Tavern in Andersonville last weekend. You've heard this one before, but I like this version. Didi is such a killer guitar player, it's ridiculous, and I just love singing this song. Lyrics are below if you're interested in singing along to everyone's favorite astronaut waltz. Buy the original track (with Dave's vocals) here. Hope you enjoy it!



"Velocity" by Tyranny of Dave
Here in the cockpit there's nothing but dreams and dismay
Sometimes it feels like this expensive tin can
Does nothing 'cept sit here and wait.
Now I'm hearing the countdown, but at seven my thoughts drift away.
As the countdown gets lower I move toward the ground
And as we lift off I finally touch down
Glad I'm not leaving and proud of my narrow escape
But I'm pulling away...

And they'll be with the one who's not right for them
And leave me in misery, floating in gravity.
And they'll kiss the one who causes me pain
It's not a question of vanity, it's just a trick of velocity.

Unbuckle my seatbelt and I want to get up but I stay
And Houston is yappin' and though I am dreamin'
I flip all the switches they say.
Is it me or the ship that starts to buckle and sway?
As I pitch forward my head hits the floor
And someone yells but I'm not there anymore
I burn on reentry and look for a soft place to lay...

As they sleep with the one who makes me lie awake
As I drift through the infinite, the air's cold and intimate
And they'll marry the one who's not right for them
Can you tell me what plane that is without looking overhead?
You should know by the sound, if you look up we'll both be dead
I'll fall to the ground into your open mouth.
There's no room inside you now so I'll have to get out
And fall back up to my craft
And answer those questions they'll ask,
Like what was I thinking about?

And I guess I'll marry the one who's not right for me
I've done it several times
And it's always worked out alright
You can't fight velocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment