Thursday, January 6, 2011

At least we're an equal-opportunity dream-squasher

The longer I don't work in journalism, the more I feel my membership card is expiring. Once a journalist, always a journalist? The term "writer" is a lot more broad and welcoming, and doesn't require me to follow the same set of rules. It's a club that the journalists are part of, but admission isn't as difficult. No hazing, at least. So while journalists are so easy to make fun of, it was a treat to see someone over at xtranormal find the humor behind the capacious study of English.



We watched this video in my Humor & Satire Writing class last night. A Ph.D was never really in my personal plans, but I'm curious as to whether the rest of the world finds this as funny and distressing as a room full of English master's students.

Non sequitur: How sad is it that I knew more HTML code when I was 12 than today?

No comments:

Post a Comment