Saturday, July 3, 2010

OK Go, The Muppets, and Ira Glass



I mean seriously, does it get much better?

My roommate Allie, her boyfriend John, and our friend Julia and I saw OK Go back in April. (I'd also seen them when they came to Northwestern in...was it 2007?) They put on a phenomenal show, including performing "What to Do" on handbells. HANDBELLS. I wasn't close enough to get video or even a good photo, so here's a video from their San Diego show last year. The white gloves really make the performance.

Moral of the story: Of all the bands I've seen live, OK Go is clearly having the most fun on stage. Which just makes it an awesome show. If you get the chance to see them live, go.

Also re: the posted video, note the random, silent presence of Zach Galifianakis. Like, what?

1 comment:

  1. "Let me ask you guys, is Northwestern for lovers?" "Noooooooooooooo." "Umm... Okay. That's kind of sad." That was an awesome show.

    ReplyDelete